Monday, October 22, 2007

Portland in 14 hours

I took a very quick trip up to Portland... 14 hours there to be exact! The highlight of the trip was my visit to Clyde Common restaurant in the Pearl District in downtown Portland. The place is very "clean", but not cold. It has a DIY vibe, but is very polished and professional at the same time. I especially loved the community table where parties were sat all together. We talked to our table mate about what they were eating and what was the best choices.

What I ordered was a monk fish over wilted greens as my main. It was very fresh and very tender and tasty. I had a corn chowder soup as a starter that rocked my world. Super-creamy and very flavorful. I have to say that my drink was the highlight though. I had a whiskey sour made with with Makers Mark. The sweet and sour was sublime. It danced on my tongue with it bold balance of sweet and tart. I had like 3 of them, so that may be why my impressions of the meal are a bit blurry.

YYY1/2

Clyde Common

1014 SW Stark St
Portland, OR 97205
Phone: (503) 228-3333
Website


No comments: